Introduction to PSD2 for your business
PSD2 Directive is in effect since September 14th, 2019. Its aim is to better protect consumers and increase fraud prevention in online payment. But PSD2 also brings challenges of introducing Strong Consumer Authentication (SCA). We’re here to help!
Strong Customer Authentication
Nethone powered SCA
How to manage PSD2 SCA without friction?
Nethone provides real-time fraud analysis based on device fingerprinting and behavioral biometry combined with Machine Learning that quickly assesses the risk of every login attempt or on-line transaction. Then, based on probability (revenue based optimization) minimizes the level of friction for the customer. This can lead to enhanced UX and at the same time cut the operational costs!Read more about frictionless SCA
3-factor authentication with Nethone
Nethone outperforms the standard 2 FA of SCA requirements by providing 3-factor authentication and not harming the speed of the transaction process. We added enhanced protection based on behavioral biometry and ML decision engine to maximize the security of each transaction. Nethone works in the background and in real-time verifies the user with the proprietary Profiler delivering over 5,000 attributes to analyze in detail their digital identity and detect imposters.
Something the user knows:
The data checked during the login attempt. This is the only factor that needs to be secured directly by EU entity involved in money processing.
Something that user owns
The fingerprint and cookie created during client’s first visit.
Something that user is
The way that user interacts with the website - behavioural biometrics.
- Log in from a strange location
- VPN or TOR usage
- Fingerprint mismatch, despite the recognized cookie
- Very long session without logout, despite of auto logout in case of user inactivity
- An attempt to transfer big amount of money to a newly defined recipient
- ...and many more!
Advanced attributes enriching the context of user’s visit, for example:
Secure your online transaction for everyone's profit
- An additional safety layer in the IT SEC technology stack
- Considerably lower risk of account takeover
- Reduced operational costs associated with securing login attempts, i.e. by sending fewer SMS messages
- Frictionless and secure login experience
- The whole process is conducted entirely in the background and does not require the user to take any additional steps
- Better fraud & ATO prevention
- Safe global expansion
- Better UX
- Lower operational costs
Non-European Economic Area companies can still benefit